Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Thornhill – Narrow Tree – 17.5” seat - Dressage

My current saddle is a Thornhill, and I love it, so I had high hopes for this one.


The saddle was stable, but it might have been a touch high in the front. The seat is deep but hard. There isn’t much cushion there. That isn’t the sort of thing to put me off, however, as long as the saddle puts me in a nice balance. This saddle put me in an average balance, but it didn’t encourage me to open my hip and drop my thigh. I struggled a little to sit vertically.

The Fancy Pony did her tail swish to the inside again, as the inside hind stepped forward. She tolerated the saddle, but she seemed overall unimpressed. When we untacked, I could see where the hair was slightly moved where there was the tiniest bit of shifting. Perhaps this shifting is what causes her to flick her tail…

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...