Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Noble Outfitters ‘Over the Calf Peddies’ Socks


The first thing I noticed about Noble Outfitters’ socks was ALL THE FUN COLORS!!  I couldn’t have decided on just one if I had to.  I was ecstatic when a pair arrived in my mailbox; they were “Lace”.  What a practical print!

The first thing I noticed when I put these socks on for the first time was how padded the foot felt!  It wasn’t big or bulky, and the socks don’t feel thick.  The foot and heel just felt cushioned.  Immediately following that impression was the cool breeze blowing over the tops of my feet!  THAT was a new feeling!  The top is vented to allow heat to dissipate.  It’s the sort of feature I would expect in a high tech sports sock.  Would is hold up in my riding boots?

The calf of the sock feels thin.  Not quite as thin as stockings, but distinctly thinner than the foot.  Despite that feeling, they really have proven resilient!  No accidental holes from fingernails or over-stretching.  I had the opportunity to really put this sock to the test.  I was wearing is at a cross-country schooling when the sipper blew out after I mounted.  Coach taped my boot closed, and away we went!  I soon had new replacement boots with an elastic gusset down the zipper for a nice, snug fit…  And, I was worried about getting this boot zipped up even before I put my breeches on!!

I grabbed my thinnest boot socks (my new Peddies!), and slowly zipped myself into my new boots.  I carefully pulled my socks on all the way over my calf.  If I don’t make sure they are all the way up, they sometimes scrunch a little between my calf and ankle.  They seemed to smooth everything out under my zipper!  I wore another sock later in the week and noticed the zipper rubbed my Achilles tendon much more than when I wore my Peddies.  I look forward to wearing these socks each rotation!  I’m going to have to get one of every color!!

Overall, I think these socks are supremely comfortable.  They are priced about the same as most boot socks.  If I ever find them on sale, I will scoop up one of each of whatever is available!  When I take them off, they retain the shape of my foot and calf, but they wash up to look like new.  I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend these socks to a friend!

8 comments:

  1. I picked up a pair of these at Equine Affaire and really like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which color did you get? And how did you decide?? ;)

      Delete
  2. I think I need a pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AND! You should post pictures of them when you get them! =D

      Delete
  3. Loved these socks. They are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the only way they could get any better is if they came in a winter weight in the foot!
      I do so love my thick wool socks in the winter...

      Delete
  4. No the first thing you noticed was that my gorgeous giant feet are on their website! :P

    They are pretty nice socks though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! You're right!!
      ...But, I actually didn't notice that until I was drafting my review... Because I was distracted by ALL THE FUN COLORS!! lol

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...