Wednesday, February 26, 2014

If it isn't working, try something different!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results.


So, I'm trying something different!
  Sitting in a chair is uncomfortable.  Sitting in my saddle is not.  Why can't I just work in the office while sitting in my saddle?
It's not bad, so far!  I can make it through the work day without sciatic pain.  I can stretch my hip flexors.  I can practice my equitation (sort of).  Honestly, the only thing I would change is the height.  I would make it a foot or so taller...

Anyway, it has been about a month since my round of spinal injections (did I mention that we were doing injections for the sciatic pain?).  Just like last year, the injections were delivered to the right and left roots of the L5-S1 nerves.  It helped some, but I still can't stand long car rides (and by long, I mean 30 minutes or more), and I still struggle sometimes to put my right sock on the "normal" way (folding my knee up to my chin, between my arms).  I'm having some ache in my left hip, still, and sometimes it migrates about 4" down my left thigh.  I traced the nreve to my foot for my doctor (I will never forget where that nerve runs.  About 11 years ago, I was diagnosed with a L4-L5 disc bulge, and before it got better, it zinged all the way down and made half of my foot numb!!).  Doc decided that, since I was having no pain on the right side, we would adjust our plan of attack.  Next week, I'll go for another round of injections.  This time, we will do only the left side of L4-L5 and L5-S1.

Am I speaking greek to you? I can try my best to answer questions in the comments!

I'm hoping that this next round of injections makes the difference...  Oh, yeah - we're increasing my Gabapentin, too... 

6 comments:

  1. Hope the next round helps even more. Sounds like no fun at all. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really isn't any fun. My husband recognizes when I'm having a bad pain day before I do. However, it is proving a little more managable this time around! :)

      Delete
  2. Very interesting chair! Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does mimic the way I sit in my saddle, and I'm catching myself revealing some of my riding habits. Armed with the revelations, I think I can start to address them more proactively! :)
      I'm really loving this chair!

      Delete
  3. Hope it makes a difference! That chair is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I knew I couldn't be the only person to think it was cool! =D

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...