Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hands like you trust 'em - Legs like you don't...

Yes.  I fell off the Psycho Mare.

Well, 'fall' might be a little dramatic...  I ceased to be mounted...

You see, we were taking a lesson.  She was learning how to maneuver a bounce.  I was working on my position over fences.
What my position over fences **should** look like...
Stick my butt out... Stick my boobs out...  Lift my shoulders... Breath my elbows... Now, KEEP IT THAT WAY IN THE AIR!  (oops)
My trainer's new mantra to me is "Point your boobs to the ceiling!"

One round, as we jumped into the bounce, I realized I had reverted back to 'bad position'.  So, I fixed it!  Go me!

Apparently, my fixing it threw the mare out of balance and she couldn't figure out how to jump out of the bounce...
So. She. Stopped.
This is where "legs like you don't" comes in...


Never mind that we had already gone through it 15 times!

Of course, I fell onto her neck...  And slid up to her ears... Where I passed "the point of no return"...  My own running commentary the entire time...  As, in slow motion, I somehow held onto her head... and put my knees in the dirt...  On the other side of the fence...

So, she's been under saddle for about 6 months.  It was bound to happen sooner or later.  I'm pretty glad it wasn't sooner!

I stood up, ready to hop back on and continue...  But the poor mare was visibly shaken!  She finished by S-P-R-I-N-G!-ing over the second jump if she felt like she was in a tight spot.

Lately, it is like I'm riding a totally different horse.  She is getting so mature!  She wasn't the least bit interested in taking advantage of my unscheduled dismount...  Who is this horse, and where has the Psycho Mare gone?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you need a new nickname for her! Glad you weren't hurt :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people have been noticing my need for a new nickname lately. They look at me and say, "What horse are you talking about? I thought her name was Psycho Mare?" LOL
      What shall I call her now?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...