Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Are you thirsty? -or- Calendar Inspiration



For some reason, I think 'margaritas'...
I can apply this to my life in so many ways…  But, when you boil it all the way down, I read it like this.
You can be reactive, or proactive. 
And I really hate it when I find myself in the reactive camp.  I’m struggling with it now…  I have an old injury, and now it is becoming troublesome on a somewhat regular and predictable basis.  Everything I was doing to stay in shape and as preventative maintenance is currently for naught.  I’m reacting to pain.
We have adjusted my Gabapentin to 300 mg – 3 times a day.  Man, does that mid-day dose make me sleepy!
We have scheduled a second round of injections.  Based on my symptoms, we’re injecting the left side only of L4-L5 and L5-S1.  Previously, we were focused solely on the L5-S1 because issues from the higher (older) disc injury were not present.
I hope I’m not boring you too much with the gory particulars.  I figure I can always look back in here for the details should I ever need them in the future!
I’m trying to be proactive by staying focused on core strength and correct basics, but some days, my basic exercises make me feel worse.  Some days, the cold limits my range of motion and nullifies my functionality outside the house.  I could write reams about the ways I feel trapped.  Weather... body...  pain... blah...  blah...  blah...
So, anyway, I can think of a whole lot more reasons to drink!


2 comments:

  1. So sorry you're feeling trapped right now. Hopefully things will improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm not the only one. I've been following everyone else with weather woes. And that is somewhat comforting!
      I also know things relly WILL improve! The slower I go, the faster I'll get there...

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...