Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Just when things were going so well...

The sun was shining (although the mud was ridiculously deep due to melting snow), and everyone seemed to be in good spirits.  I rode inside, and focused on things like “side pass over a pole” and “back through the L”.  These are things she had never been asked to do before, but she managed to figure it out.  We did a few shallow canter loops on the long side and played with elasticity in that gait.
Cooling down, I didn’t want to forget my vest, so I rode over and picked it up from the t-post.  Fancy Pony didn’t care.  It was a little dusty, so I shook it out.  Fancy Pony didn’t care!  Then, things just got silly…
Thank you, honey, for taking a picture of the picture on my cell phone...

I slid my vest over her neck and ears.  I swung it next to her face on both sides.  I swung it around her haunches.  I hung my vest over her face and asked her to walk.  And she did!  She *did* stick her nose out, I’m sure to peek under the hem.
After running out of ways to torture my Fancy Pony, I decided to call it quits.  I had been a little stiff all weekend, but hadn’t thought much of it.  I was feeling much looser after riding.  I was driving home and feeling pretty darn good!
Then, the muscle spasms started.  I managed to make it home, crawled out of the car, and waddled into the house.  Hubby was generous enough to take my boots off, as I couldn’t even get them unzipped.  Welcome back to the land of “I can’t put my own socks and shoes on!”

4 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...