Friday, August 15, 2014

More Bad News

Sometimes, I can live in denial.
In fact, I'm pretty good at it when I want to be!

FACTS:
1) I have 2 bulged discs.
2) Bulged discs never heal like new, so they will never go away.
3) Sitting hurts my injured discs.
4) Riding helps my disc pain.

Obviously, I moved recently.
*love*

You have probably guessed where this is going...
I was careful about moving heavy boxes.  As in, I called Hubby to do it.
I packed boxes on a table to minimize repetitive bending.

One week after we finished moving in, the ache in my hip came on.  I was wallowing in my chair at work.  I gripped my steering wheel with white knuckles...  I called my spine doctors...

They got me right in, and sent me straight for an injection to the left S1 nerve root.
They think that the STRESS of moving led to a chemical reaction as opposed to a mechanical impingement, but the pain feels the same.
...Here's hoping the relief comes soon...
I can't ride if I can't drive.

No jumping this week!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm holding my breath! (OK, maybe not *actually* holding my breath)
      At least we have a game plan in place and we aren't talking surgery, yet.
      These injections can take a short while to actually have any impact.

      Delete
  2. I suffered a bulging disc two years ago, and have been having a flare up the last couple of weeks. Not sure why, but I wish it would go away! If you can get your hands on a TENs unit, that is what helps me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like there doesn't need to be any rhyme or reason for flare ups. That's the most frustrating part!
      I don't know what a TENs unit is, but I'm going to ask Goog;e to fill me in!! ;)

      Delete
  3. Sending healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...